Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 2 - 30 in 30 Days - The Poppy Field

A little late in the day but here is Day 2 of Leslie Saeta's 30 day challenge
THE POPPY FIELD
watercolor on Arches 8x10
 
I will be teaching another 4 week watercolor class in November.
I am thinking this might be fun for the students. 
I am amazed at how delicate and fragile the poppies seem
but when the west Texas winds blow hard it doesn't shred or destroy them. 
They just seem to dance in the wind.
 
Speaking of hard winds, I told you I wouldn't bombard you 
but I do want to share a little about my year,
our year, one month at a time!
In January, my brother-in-law finished his
the race and his battle with liver cancer. He fought
long and hard. We stood in faith with him and my sister.
We prayed hard, we believed, and we trusted.
 Then, we grieved and we celebrated his life and his home going.
 Like those poppies, we are stronger than we look 
but it is because of His grace.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: 
for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

"The rain came down, the streams rose, and 
the winds blew and beat against that house;
 yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."
Matthew 7:25

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...