Friday, June 5, 2009

West Texas Sunset or Sunrise - Middle Panel

The mural is a blending of the old and new.
So here's the old windmill. I took several
wonderful photos of old windmills. The wooden
ones are getting more dificult to find.
The barn is on Highway 84 here in Snyder.
I will be posting a little slide show with
instructions on painting the barn,
so check be sure and come back.
The cotton fields are so typical of Snyder.
When we first moved here there was a billboard
that said "Snyder, where the oil flows and the
cotton grows." Now they should add "and the
wind blows". The new economic boost is the
wind turbines. You will see those in the
distance on this panel.
Our horizon has completely changed.
Thanks for stopping by! See ya later!



1 comment:

  1. So nice to meet you Nathalie. Your blog is wonderful and I have enjoyed my visit to view your great artwork. I love the barn and the reflections of West Texas. We also lived there for 7 years and loved it. In North Texas now.
    Thank you for adding me to your following. I will do the same. See you again soon I hope.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...