Monday, July 26, 2010

New Mural - WIP - A "Work In Progress"

My friend, Richard commissioned me to
paint a "Jungle" room for his grandkids.
This is great fun. I have loved the characters
of this story for a long time. There will be characters on each wall.
One of his grandsons came into the room while
I was painting. He loved it but had never seen
the movie so didn't know Baloo or Mowgli.
It is such a blessing to be allowed to work
on this kind of project.
I had been working for 2 days and transforming
the room. As I was leaving yesterday, I had a thought
I knew that the neighbors or those
just passing by had no idea about the
changes that were happening inside.
It is like that with us, too.
God does amazing changes on us.
So much of it is on the inside-changing
our heart, our attitudes, our beliefs...
Most of the time it is not real obvious to
the "neighbors" or those just passing by.
He takes such joy in working in and being
a part of our lives. We are a "work in progress".
"We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
to do good works, which God prepared in
advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...