Monday, March 7, 2011

Peace, Love and the Sixties

 I am often asked, "So, how long have you been painting?"
My response, "As long as I can remember."  
It was the 60's and I even remember it. 
I was 17 and a wanna be flower child in a 
small Texas town. I liked the clothes, the music, 
and the art. I did not like the drugs.
I found this picture that was taken in 1968. I was part owner
of a 1939 Chevy Coupe. The car was in need of
a paint job. So I grabbed some cans of paint and 
some brushes and got busy.

 Flower Power here I come! 
The photo below was taken a couple of years later. 
Our oldest son, Erick was 7 months old.
I do have a body suit on underneath that short skirt.

This was in my old life - before Jesus.
Back then it was all about peace and love. 
Today, for me, it is all about peace and love. 
But it is not the 60's kind of peace and love. 
It is John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; 
my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
It is the Philipians 4:7 "The peace of God which passes
all understanding will guard your hearts and your
minds in Christ Jesus."
And it is John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, 
that he gave his only begotten Son, 
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, 
but have everlasting life."

Now, that's what I call "Peace and Love and the Sixties"
(*note - I will be 60 this year)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. oh my, i love these old photos!! for some reason i am not getting your updates?? i had to come find you and read all that i have missed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...