Friday, June 17, 2011

More New Technique - Loose, Detailed Watercan


I really enjoyed the bright, colorful technique I
used on the San Miguel Mission watercolor.
So, here we go again.
I reserved my white areas with masking fluid.
Then, I brushed the entire surface with clear water.
I dropped in colors. The colors look randomly placed
but they are not. Burnt sienna was placed in the
flower pot area. Purple and turquoise in
the shadow and watercan vicinity.
I splattered in sap green, olive green, cad yellow,
and cad red. While the greens and reds were still wet,
I dropped in purple in the areas that will be
in shadow and a bit of burnt sienna just because.
After the painting was dry I began to add some
loose detail. This was the s-t-r-e-t-c-h for me,
since I love details
Hmm! If it's detailed,  how can it be loose and
if it's loose, how can it be detailed?
"Some Water, Some Plant..."
8x10 on Arches Paper
"So neither the one who plants, nor the one
who waters is anything, but only God,
who makes things grow."
1 Corinthians 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...