Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Prune Roses on Valentine's Day (After the Fact)


Well, I realize that it is way past Valentine's Day. 
I had this in my heart to share and even took 
the pictures to get it ready for you. Hmmm! 
So here we go. 
When I worked at the prison I had a Warden
 that grew the most beautiful roses. 
His advice, "Prune Roses on Valentine's Day".
This is what my roses looked like (for the most part).
There was also new growth starting
that makes it even harder to start cutting.

 So I grabbed my gloves and pruners.

 I pruned deep. If it was dried up and dead, I cut it off.

If it was green, tipped with reddish new growth, I cut it off.

 I knew that the pruning would be a good thing.


 And you know what? The Warden was right.
I know this because I have been
pruning on Valentine's Day for 7 years.
Fat blooms in a drought.


I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. 
He cuts off every branch of me that doesn’t bear grapes (roses)
And every branch that is grape-bearing  (rose bearing)
he prunes back so it will bear even more.
John 15:1-2 (The Message)

He knows just the right time and just the right way.
I love what Joyce Meyer said,
 "You are pruned if you do and pruned if you don't".
.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...