Thursday, August 22, 2013

Embellishing Edges Art Journal with Valerie

Shame on me for not posting this sooner.
I signed up for this class as soon as Valerie launched it. 
That was May 26th.
*This is mine - not Valerie's*
  
I immediately watched the videos. 
It was a few days before I made my book (June). 


Then, I had to figure out what I was going to
put in my beautiful little journal. 
I know! I will use my personal prayer and goal for 2013. 
 *Note - my prayer was not just "Create" *


I cut my edges (July). And then started my pen work. 
That was the beginning of August. 

 I had to coat my pages with gel medium 
and then let them dry.
Then decide the colors!!!

I finally started getting some color on the pages.

*There's the first part of the prayer*


Sometimes the washing is a gentle little bubble bath 
and sometimes it is rub-a-dub-dub you're in for a scrub!!!


I used the colors of the rainbow as a reminder of his promises!
They are Yes and Amen!


 Just a glimpse at my heart (the page on the left). 
By this time I was getting ready to be finished.
Seriously, almost 3 months. 
So, I used 2 of my gelli prints. One on the inside
of the front cover and the one with the daisies.


And this promise from Him from Ezekiel, I love!!! 
Yes, He will!


So when I feel all wormy and in a dark place 
and... well, you know! I have to remind myself...


Trust Him! He wants me to have a clean heart, too.
So I do my part and repent. 
And He gets busy washing, renewing and restoring.

Here's the outside


Has a bit of 60's and 70's influence on it.
That's groovy cause I gave my heart to Jesus 41 years ago
during the Jesus Movement!


Thank you, Valerie for this outstanding mini-workshop!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...