Monday, January 2, 2012

2 Pink Calla Lilies

Yesterday I spent the afternoon transferring
photos from my hard drive to my external hard drive. 
Then I put them in folders so I can find them easier. 
I found a photo of 2 Pink Calla Lilies. These were
growing in our flower bed a couple of years ago.
Last year was too dry for the lilies.
But, it reminds me that spring will be here soon. 
I know winter is not over yet but I was inspired 
so I grabbed my palette and brushes this morning.
5X7 watercolor on Arches 140 lb. paper

On January 2, 2011 I painted a prayer, 
"Send Your Rain"

"Let us acknowledge the LORD;
   let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises, He will appear;
He will come to us like the winter rains,
   like the spring rains that water the earth.”
Hosea 6:3 
2 times Hosea says, "Acknowledge Him"!
That means - pay attention to what the prophet said.

Still need the rain! Still praying! Still pressing on!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...