Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 15 - 30 in 30 Days - Dragonfly Fly

Dragonfly Fly
6"X9" Mixed Media on Arches paper
 
I like this better now. It is more purple than 
the photo shows. Shades of purples, blues and greens.
Here's what I did. I have some paper towels
that I have saved from my silk dying projects.
They have some beautiful mingled colors.

 
I used a plastic doily for the wing design. I sprayed
acrylic on  the back (it's flat) and used it like a stamp.
 
I used Collage Podge to adhere the torn pieces of paper towel 
and a permanent marker for the wing outlines. 
 
 
Little touches of Golden brand interference 
iridescent paint on the wings and body.
I wish you could see the soft shimmer.
 
 
I stenciled "FLY" and added highlights
and shadows with oil pastels. Doodles around the edges.
All done.
This is Day 15 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days ($30.00)
hosted by Leslie Saeta.
To see more of my art visit
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a blessed day! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...